My1sttoday News — A 3-year-old girl tragically passed away after a scorpion entered her bed, causing immeasurable grief for her family, who described their anguish as “infinite pain”.
Last week, a tragic incident occurred in Brazil where a 3-year-old girl, Maria Fernanda Brito da Silva, lost her life.
Reports from Primeira Pagina, revealed that she was fatally stung by a scorpion while she slept. Despite receiving medical attention, including antivenom therapy, Maria suffered a cardiac arrest and passed away on October 1 at the Hospital Regional de Mato Grosso do Sul in Campo Grande.
The scorpion had stung Maria on September 25 at her home in Ribas do Rio Pardo, Brazil. The city officials of Ribas do Rio Pardo, through the Municipal Health Department, expressed their deep sorrow over her passing.
Maria’s mother, Vanessa Ramirez da Silva, heartbreakingly recounted the scorpion attack, describing it as “infinite pain,” a traumatic and painful experience.
She discovered the scorpion on her daughter’s back, swiftly removed it, and sought help as Maria began to show symptoms of distress. Despite their efforts, Maria did not survive, and her wake and burial took place on October 2.
The grieving grandmother, Cleide Cristina Ramirez, expressed the immense pain felt by the family and highlighted Vanessa’s dedication as a single mother who always put her children first.
It’s important to note that this tragic incident is not isolated, as more than 3,000 scorpion-related cases have been reported in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul this year.
In August, another child from Ribas do Rio Pardo, a 5-year-old boy, also lost his life after being stung by a scorpion that had hidden inside his shoe.
Since the start of this year, 38 individuals in the city have experienced scorpion stings, while 33 such incidents were documented in the previous year.